- High corrosion resistance
- High biological fouling resistance
- 316L stainless steel shells
- Shell to shell sealing with two O-rings in the coupling interface
- Integrated backshell
The U series is a very ruggedized connector range suited for the most demanding deep immersion applications. U connectors inherit features and benefits from the marine bronze M Series but featuring 316L stainless steel shells.
With 316L stainless steel shells, U Series connectors provide high corrosion resistance and high biological fouling resistance.
Shell polarization keys and scoop proof design make blind mating possible and increase robustness.
The shell to shell sealing with two O-rings in the coupling interface brings reliable watertightness regardless of the pressure (low or high). The connectors are easy to mate and unmate even with high contact density layouts.
The U series is suited to withstand high pressure. The cable termination is achieved through the use of pressure gland or overmolding;
Using integrated backshell, U Series connectors provide extreme resistance to pull out or transverse forces and to vibrations and shocks.
Any gripping is prevented thanks to the stanal surface treatment on 316L coupling ring.
- Salt spray: 10 x (24h + 24h) alternate salt spray according to EN60068-2-11. 500h continuous salt spray according to NFC93422.
- Mated pressure withstand
- Pressure gland cable termination: Operating pressure up to 100 bar.
- Overmolded cable termination: operating pressure up to 300 bar.
- Operating temperature range:
- Nylatron insulator: -20°C to + 90°C
- Teflon insulator: -50°C to + 170°C
- Tefzel insulator (for underwater nuclear applications): -20°C to + 170°C
The U series is a very ruggedized connector range suited for the most demanding deep immersion applications.